Seemingly casual, surprisingly technical.
The Louis Garneau Women's Steeple Cycling Short takes the form of a laid-back pair of denim shorts, yet it's loaded with technical capabilities that are ideal for hitting your favorite stretch of singletrack. Revolt fabric mimics the fit and feel of soft-wearing denim, yet it's durable enough to withstand the rigors of daily trail rides across rugged terrain. For greater range of motion, this fabric is complemented with a rear stretch panel that conforms to your every move when you're dodging trail obstacles and carving around tight corners.
The detachable Drytex liner shorts give you the option to customize the padding on days when you're trail riding or remove 'em entirely for casual occasions and everyday wear. This padded liner short has a women's-specific Profile MTB chamois with dual-density foam for optimal shock absorption when you're pummeling across rowdy trails. This chamois sports a four-way stretch lining for optimal range of motion and seamless construction to eliminate irritation. LG's beveled edge molding reduces sudden changes in thickness, meaning it'll feel more natural, which is a good thing considering you'll be wearing them for hours on the trail.
- Blends casual aesthetics with technical support
- Revolt fabric is soft-wearing, durable on the trail
- Rear stretch panel for unencumbered riding motion
- Detachable Drytex liner for customizable support
- Profile MTB chamois soaks up jarring vibration
- Zippered hand pockets offer secure storage
- Adjustable waist for a non-slip fit
View more Women's Baggy Bike Shorts
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
Nice MTB shorts.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
For mountain bike shorts these are more "fitted" in style, not too baggy, and don't get caught on the saddle when riding. The shorts run true to size but the liner runs a little small and a little long in the waist. I ride on the road/paths to get to the trails and the chamois padding is really too light for any amount of time in the saddle. Other than the chamois padding being too light the shorts are comfortable even on longer rides.
What the photos don't show is that the zipper pockets are mesh on the inside and can double as vets and allow for a little bit of airflow. The inside of the pockets are also the same chartreuse color as the zipper tab as well as the elastic band on the liner.
not well thought out
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
i wanted to like these shorts, but they were not really well designed. the velcro waist adjustment is on the inside of the waistband. i can only imagine how uncomfortable that would be after a day of riding. these shorts are stylish looking. maybe they are good for casual rides around town ... but for this price i want features that make sense for the long haul.