The Equipe Men's Jersey has long been a staple in Louis Garneau's line because it privileges straight-up simplicity over complicated, often unnecessary construction details. Given that approach, it's little surprise the Equipe's latest generation is relatively unchanged; however, that doesn't mean the Canadian manufacturer didn't find room to tinker. The new Equipe is made with softer fabric than its predecessors and two pocket updates: an additional, side pocket and a sweatproof phone pocket.
The new fabric makes its own caseâ€”Who doesnâ€™t appreciate a softer touch when the conditions under the sun on the road are already hard enough?â€”but the new pockets warrant an explanation. The sweatproof pocket helps protect your phone from your own exertion, but we'd still recommend a plastic bag for days it might rain. The side pocket is for garbage like gel wrappers, letting you stash that stuff without compromising your tubes, phone, CO2, or anything else you don't want to leave sticky. Garneau's calling it an Enviro pocket, which is apt if you consider that it's one more reason to cart your cycling-related garbage home.
- A classic jersey for cyclists who value function
- Softer material takes utility to new levels of comfort
- Powerband arm cuffs and silicone hem keep jersey in place
- Mesh underarms promote cooling airflow
- Rear pockets angled for easier in-saddle access
- Sweatproof pocket protects a phone or media device