For the full distance.
With a lightly compressive material cut in an endurance-specific silhouette, the CB Neo Power RTR Men's Bib Shorts are definitely in the running for the top spot of Louis Garneau's long distance shorts. The shorts are made with the titular CB Neo Power, which represents a step-up from the standard Neo Power shorts' Power + Lycra material. CB Neo Power's gently compressive properties help to stabilize your muscles, reducing the fatiguing impact of micro-oscillations and the corrective stabilizing your body undertakes to counter them. Less stabilizing means less energy expended, so you've got more left to put into the pedals when the fatigue's piling up after mile 80.
The included Motion Airgel chamois features several comfort-minded elements, including gel inserts and a stretch panel that lets either wing move independently of the other, helping to accommodate the pedal stroke and minimize the risk of chafing. It's smooth, gradual transitions between foam densities and thicknesses are also cover with Cupron microfiber, a material used in wound treatment. It incorporates elements of copper, which Cupron (the brand) claims can help heal saddle sores. While we don't necessarily have the medical know-how to test the veracity of these claims, we do know that—when confronted with saddle sores in the middle of the season—we'd do almost anything to get healthy again as soon as possible.
- Endurance bib shorts for long races and century rides
- Mid-weight compressive material helps reduce fatigue
- Garneau's endurance chamois helps alleviate irritation
- Lightweight mesh bibs breathe and wick moisture
- Reflective leg bands help attract attention while you spin
- Flatlock seams reduce abrasion from days spent pedaling
- Pocket on thigh for keeping used gel wrappers out of your jersey pockets