Though Giordana may enjoy rightful dominance in the realm of cycling kit, Orica—in true Aussie fashion—has always been something of a scrappy underdog that produces big results while flying under the radar of the bigger European squads. We're thinking specifically of scrappy stage race performances by Yates and Chaves, with the latter proving to be a constant threat to the big name media darlings despite the fact that he is so often under-covered by the Anglophone cycling rags. This year, Orica and Giordana have hooked up, so Chaves and the Yates brothers will be staging their 2017 coups d'Tour in the Men's Giordana FR-C Pro Orica Team Bib Shorts.
Many of us have ridden FormaRed Carbon (FR-C) kit for years now, so we were curious (indeed a little nervous) as to what, exactly, the "Pro" appellation means. The FR-C formula is a winning one, and when things are working, we loathe to see them get hit with the innovation hammer; however, Pro essentially means that the shorts are made with fabrics that are more print-friendly, a move meant to accommodate the branding of Orica's team livery. Other than improved printability, these are virtually the same as the standard FR-C bibs we've come to know and love—that is, if such high quality, made-in-Italy kit can be referred to as "standard."
- Stage a cycling coup in the Giordana bibs worn by professionals
- Paneling curves to map your body in the saddle
- The same CirroOmni Form chamois that supports Orica's riders
- Construction reduces folding, puckering, and wind-catching ridges
- Gently compressive Lycra supports muscles over hours-long rides
- Support and abrasion resistance in waistband and seat panel
- Lightweight bib straps nevertheless add support to upper body
- All of Giordana's cycling clothing rolls out of the brand's own Italian factory
- Item #GIO008W
- Lycra (220g, 50 thread count)
- Cirro OmniForm
- Leg Gripper
- 190 E bands
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help