Though Giordana may enjoy rightful dominance in the realm of cycling kit, Orica—in true Aussie fashion—has always been something of a scrappy underdog that produces big results while flying under the radar of the bigger European squads. We're thinking specifically of scrappy stage race performances by Yates and Chaves, with the latter proving to be a constant threat to the big name media darlings despite the fact that he is so often under-covered by the Anglophone cycling rags. This year, Orica and Giordana have hooked up, so Chaves and the Yates brothers will be staging their 2017 coups d'Tour in the Men's Giordana FR-C Pro Orica Team Bib Shorts.
Many of us have ridden FormaRed Carbon (FR-C) kit for years now, so we were curious (indeed a little nervous) as to what, exactly, the "Pro" appellation means. The FR-C formula is a winning one, and when things are working, we loathe to see them get hit with the innovation hammer; however, Pro essentially means that the shorts are made with fabrics that are more print-friendly, a move meant to accommodate the branding of Orica's team livery. Other than improved printability, these are virtually the same as the standard FR-C bibs we've come to know and love—that is, if such high quality, made-in-Italy kit can be referred to as "standard."
- Stage a cycling coup in the Giordana bibs worn by professionals
- Paneling curves to map your body in the saddle
- The same CirroOmni Form chamois that supports Orica's riders
- Construction reduces folding, puckering, and wind-catching ridges
- Gently compressive Lycra supports muscles over hours-long rides
- Support and abrasion resistance in waistband and seat panel
- Lightweight bib straps nevertheless add support to upper body
- All of Giordana's cycling clothing rolls out of the brand's own Italian factory
View more Men's Bib Shorts
25 - 28in
(63.5 - 71cm)
28 - 32in
(71 - 81cm)
32 - 36in
(81 - 91cm)
36 - 40in
(91 - 101.5cm)
40 - 44in
(101.5 - 112cm)
37 - 38in
(94 - 96.5cm)
38 - 39in
(96.5 - 99cm)
40 - 42in
(101.5 - 106.5cm)
43 - 44in
(109 - 112cm)
45 - 46in
(114 - 117cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XXL
Just as described in the company product review, the FR-C Pro is a tremendous improvement from the standard FR-C bibs. The most noticeable improvements are the softness of the lycra and the omission of tightness and puckering in the cuffs.
I always dreamed of a bib that combined the upper-body FR-C (straps and stomach support) and the lower-body of my Assos-Equipe.
At last, my wish has been satisfied. These bibs are my go-to bibs for my rides, typically, 3-hours in length.
They are definitely worth the cost, which by the way, is lower at this point in time than the regular FR-C!