Item # GIO006K
Giordana AV 100 Winter Jacket - Women's $289.95
Jersey and jacket.
Trying to decide between a jacket and a thermal jersey on some fall days is almost impossible. Choose incorrectly, and you could end up spending your ride tense and shivering or clammy and overheated. Fall weather can be notoriously difficult to predict, but the Giordana AV 100 Winter Jacket aims to make your pre-ride decisions a lot easier. Featuring a collection of hardworking but lightweight materials and a contoured, race fit, the AV 100 sits between jacket and jersey. It will equip you for fog, rain, sun, and anything else Mother Nature throws at you this autumn.
Following the form of its other winter jackets closely, Giordana gives the AV 100 the same drop tail hem, high collar, and tailored fit of its siblings. The three-layer softshell fabric that comprises the front and sleeve panels of the jacket consists of waterproof and windproof fabric positioned between a DWR-treated face fabric and a moisture-wicking synthetic lining. While the AV 100 is more of an all-around jacket than a rain-specific one, this construction gives it impressive resistance to the elements in inclement weather.
The back panel, made with Giordana's Thunderbike fabric, stretches liberally while you're in the saddle, while its Acqua Zero Eco DWR treatment adds nearly weightless water resistance. The treatment will resist soaking through as long as possible, but if you're caught in a downpour, you'll most likely get wet. When you do, the fabric remains breathable, continuing to wick moisture once the rain stops to keep you as dry as possible.
Giving the AV 100 its jersey-like breathability, Giordana uses lighter fabric under the arms to slim the jacket's profile and improve its ability to wick moisture away from a sweat-prone area. It also adds a constellation of reflective accents throughout the jersey's body to keep you visible to motorists under gloomy skies and in the waning daylight hours of fall. The drop-tail hem shields you from wheel spray, and an arrangement of three rear and one zippered pockets easily stash candy bars, tubes, and tire levers, just in case.
- Jacket blends jersey-like weight with weather protection
- Form-fitting silhouette mimic body position in the saddle
- Stretchy, water-resistant softshell blocks rain and wind
- Lighter arm and back panels maintain breathability
- Wealth of reflective accents help you stay visible on the roads
- Three rear and one zippered pocket stash your ride essentials
View more Women's Jackets
Gore Bike WearPower Lady Gore Windstopper Softshell Jacket - Women's
|Waist||23 - 25in
(58 - 64cm)
|25.5 - 27in
(65 - 69cm)
|27.5 - 29in
(70 - 74cm)
|29.5 - 31in
(75 - 79cm)
|Hips||33 - 34.5in
(83 - 88cm)
|35 - 36.5in
(89 - 93cm)
|37 - 39in
(94 - 99cm)
|40 - 42in
(102 - 107cm)
- Note: Giordana cycling apparel has a tight fit, do not expect a baggy or roomy fit.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.