Item # FIZ006B
Fi'zi:k Link R1 Snake Bib Short - Men's $270.00
Everything but the pedals.
You've raced on the saddle, the tape, the shoes, the bars, the stem, and the post. And with the Link R1 Snake Bib Shorts—which are built for cyclists at the extreme end of the spine flexibility range—Fizik moves one step closer to providing a fully encompassing cockpit experience. The only missing link now is the pedals.
Anyone following the brand will know that this is Fi'zi:k's first outing in chamois land. But if you aren't already a devotee of the apostrophe and semi-colon, then you'd be forgiven for assuming that the Link R1 is actually the product of multiple generations of R&D. The fit and fabric both contribute to this impression, but—in true Fizik form—the Link R1's key focus is where cyclist meets bicycle. And in this case, that's the chamois. As with its saddle counterpart, the Arione, the Link R1's Snake chamois is shaped for cyclists whose spine flexibility means their hips stay neutral in the saddle, giving them full access to the entire length of the saddle. Whether you're in a move on the rivet or lingering on the back of the saddle in the pack, you're covered. It's Fizik's out-and-out race chamois.
The shorts' body is made from a woven material that rivals the qualities of gentle compression and lightweight, airy breathability that have come to define top-tier bibs from marquis brands the industry over. The material marks a decided departure from the Lycra we've all grown accustomed to, so in addition to the race-appropriate fit and the laser-cut, lie-flat bib straps, the Link R1 just has a feeling of elevating the in-saddle experience. It may not seem like a significant detail, but we never quite stop noticing the feel of the material while we're riding in these. Maybe that will pass in time, a by-product of novelty, but for now the Link R1 impresses with every pedal stroke.
- Racing shorts for the luxury-minded
- Chamois specifically designed for extremely flexible cyclists
- Light, airy material wicks and dries faster than standard Lycra
- Clean, laser finished leg openings eliminate transitional ridges
- Lie-flat bibs disappear beneath a jersey and complete the lux feel
- Corresponds with Fizik's Arione saddle but also rides happily on any preferred perch
View more Men's Bib Shorts
< 5ft 9in
5ft 8in - 6ft 1in
(173 - 183cm)
6ft - 6ft 3in
(179 - 189cm)
6ft 2in - 6ft 5in
(185 - 195cm)
6ft 4in - 6ft 7in
(191 - 201cm)
32 - 34in
(81 - 88cm)
34 - 36.5in
(88 - 95cm)
36.5 - 39in
(95 - 103cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Inseam length refers to the inside leg seam of the bib-shorts.
- IF YOU ARE BETWEEN SIZES, EITHER:
- CHOOSE THE SMALLER SIZE FOR A RACING FIT OR
- CHOOSE THE LARGER SIZE FOR A MORE COMFORTABLE FIT.