UMA GT Winter Bib Tights
Evolution is natural, and in the cycling industry, it comes at an incredibly fast pace. Take Assos for example, and its constant striving for perfection in cycling apparel. The Swiss brand's latest offering is the UMA GT Winter Bib Tight, a redesign of its HabuTights that stretches further into winter protection by holding up against showers and icy gusts. The new UMA features some familiar fabrics, like the RX Heavy insulating and brushed Roubaix material that makes up the majority of the tights, but ads in ECO water-repellent treatment for additional coverage against precipitation and wheelspray.
RX Heavy is the ideal prescription to combat against biting winds and diving temps, but protection it isn't everything in a pair of tights. You also need flexibility where it matters, so Assos strategically panels RX Light fabric to increase stretch and breathability in high-flex zones like the back of the knees. The types are what Assos calls regularFit, which is form-fitting and lightly compressive but won't wear like a second-skin the way the brand's racingFit models do.
- Assos evolves beyond the Habu with new winter-ready tights
- RX Heavy provides high insulation and brushed, soft feel
- Shed showers and wheel spray with ECO water-repellent treatment
- High-flex zones feature RX Light fabric for extra stretch
- Strategic panels boost breathability and mobility
- UMA EVO chamois offers 8mm of memory foam to cushion sit bones
- RegularFit offers light compression with a snug, supportive fit