SB165 C2 GX Eagle Mountain Bike
Why We Like The SB165 C2 GX Eagle Mountain Bike
The SB165 is a lightweight freeride brawler—a bike made for downright gnarly shenanigans, desert freeride lines, and massive bike park hits. With deep coil-shock travel and low-slung geometry, the SB165 brings utmost confidence for those of us seeking big mountain terrain. We've spotted it aboard the podium of a certain famous freeride competition in southern Utah, but we've also seen it pedaling around our local trails heading for those obscure lines deep in the forest.
With 165mm of rear travel and 180mm up front, the SB165 makes quick work of drops, jumps, and white-knuckle chutes. That being said, the bike's low overall weight and efficient Switch Infinity suspension make it a comfortable machine when we've got to pedal up 2000ft of vert to reach the gnarly descents. The geometry is long, slack, and stable with its 63.5-degree head tube and long wheelbase, but a steep 77-degree seat tube makes for a nice forward-biased pedaling position when we need to knock out some miles.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Long-travel 27.5 bike for big sends and rowdy trails
- Carbon frame is tested to DH standards of toughness
- Bike is impressively light despite being freeride-capable
- FOX DHX2 coil shock stays consistent on long downhills
- FOX 38 fork has a stiff chassis for hucks and jumps
- Integrated chain guide prevents chain derailment
- GX Eagle drivetrain shifts great and has a wide range
- Geometry is slacker than many DH bikes, but the bike can still climb
- Item #YTIR1DS