Why We Like The Yeti SB160 T3 X01 Eagle AXS Mountain Bike
When we think of no-compromise enduro bikes, the Yeti SB160 T3 X01 Eagle AXS Mountain Bike immediately comes to mind. The SB160 utilizes 160mm of Switch Infinity rear travel that delivers predictable rear wheel traction on fast descents and loose fire road climbs. Yeti revised the Switch Infinity's design to strengthen it for a more solid feel on the trail. The head tube angle comes in at a nice and slack 64 degrees for confidence-inspiring descending stability, which pairs nicely with the 170mm travel fork. The 29in wheels, steep 77.5-degree seat tube angle, and supportive Switch Infinity linkage work in unison to give the bike a lively feel while navigating mellow terrain and big climbs.
This T3 X01 build utilizes top-of-the-line components for a truly race-ready rig, starting with Yeti's lightest TURQ carbon construction for some added efficiency. A mixture of X01, XX1, and GX drivetrain components from SRAM provide instant shifting for those last-minute gear changes thanks to the XX1 AXS electronic derailleur and shifter. Yeti outfits this SB160 with Fox Factory suspension, with a Factory Float X2 shock that delivers a wide range of adjustments to help us get dialed in on race day. The Factory 38 GRIP2 fork delivers 170mm of travel and features burly 38mm stanchions to help it track predictably in rough and rowdy corners. Another build highlight is the Custom EX1700 alloy wheelset from DT Swiss because they are super durable over time, and the alloy construction quiets trail chatter for a stable feel. This SB160 build is an obvious choice for enduro racing and a surprisingly nimble choice as a long-travel daily driver.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Top-spec enduro bike is ready for multi-stage days at elevation
- 160mm of Switch Infinity travel provides supple, supportive traction
- Fox Factory 38 GRIP2 fork with 170mm travel has tons of adjustment
- SRAM Eagle AXS electronic drivetrain delivers instant shifting
- 29in wheels front and rear gobble up rock steps and off-camber roots
- 4-piston SRAM Code RSC brakes provide loads of stopping power
- DT Swiss Custom EX1700 alloy wheels supply bomber durability
- SRAM UDH compatibility makes finding replacement hangers a breeze
- Item #YTIR1HM