Why We Like The Yeti SB140 T4 XX1 Eagle AXS 29in Carbon Wheels Mountain Bike
Engineered to fly up sustained climbs in the high-country and hang with the enduro bikes on the descents, the SB140 T4 XX1 Eagle AXS 29in Carbon Wheels Mountain Bike is truly ready for it all. 140mm of Switch Infinity rear travel generates impressive rear wheel traction while scampering up technical climbs and tracks predictably through chunky descents. Yeti revised their Switch Infinity platform by reinforcing the entire suspension system to give it a more planted feel, plus it's also easier to maintain. The SB140's head tube angle sits at a balanced 65.4 degrees to supply stability at speed and a maneuverable steering feel for navigating tight terrain and switchbacks. The steep 77.5-degree seat tube angle works in tandem with the efficient Switch Infinity rear linkage to supply impressive pedaling performance.
This top-tier T4 build from Yeti ticks all of the performance boxes, starting with the featherweight TURQ carbon layup. SRAM's lightest XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain provides instant electronic shifting that comes in clutch for last-second gear changes. Fox chips in with top-spec suspension products like their Factory 36 FIT4 fork up front with 150mm of travel and a three-position climb switch. Carbon EXC 1511 wheels from DT Swiss further cut weight and deliver a responsive feel on the trail that caters well to active riders. This dream build is perfectly suited as a quiver of one, or as an efficient trail bike for riders who already have a dedicated XC bike.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Yeti's flagship mid-travel trail bike with top-spec treatment
- 140mm of Switch Infinity rear travel offers balanced traction
- Fox Factory 36 FIT4 fork with 150mm travel descends with confidence
- Fast-rolling 29in wheels take square-edge hits in stride
- SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain offers a wide gear range
- Fox Factory Float DPS shock supplies a wide range of adjustments
- SRAM UDH compatibility makes finding replacement hangers easy
- DT Swiss EXC 1511 carbon wheels have a 30mm internal width
- Item #YTIR1HD