Why We Like The Yeti SB140 T3 X01 Eagle AXS 29in Carbon Wheels Mountain Bike
Taking influence from Yeti's short and long travel bikes, the SB140 T3 X01 Eagle AXS 29in Carbon Wheels Mountain Bike is quite an impressive mid-travel 29er. 140mm of rear travel is powered by Yeti's Switch Infinity linkage design, which tracks unbelievably well whether we're powering up techy climbs or nuking hairy descents. Yeti's revised Switch Infinity is strengthened throughout to give the bike a more planted feel on the trail, plus it's easier to maintain. Rolling on 29in wheels, this bike easily picks apart tricky rock steps and ledges and carries its speed well in undulating terrain. With a 65.4-degree head tube angle, the SB140 matches modern trends for stability without sacrificing a responsive steering feel for tight corners and switchbacks. The steep 77.5-degree seat tube angle works in tandem with the supportive rear linkage to provide an intuitive climbing position that we love for long days in the saddle.
This premium T3 build provides crisp, electronic shifting thanks to a hybrid XX1/X01 Eagle AXS drivetrain from SRAM. Yeti uses their lightest, strongest TURQ carbon layup to provide a quick-accelerating, featherweight feel. A Fox Factory 36 FIT4 fork up front delivers 150mm of travel for some serious descending prowess, along with a full lockout. EXC 1501 wheels from DT Swiss keep us rolling quickly thanks to their carbon construction, and grippy Maxxis tires have our back when it comes to traction. This SB140 build is an efficient option for riders seeking a one-bike quiver thanks to its responsive feel on the trail.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mid-travel 29er for epic rides in the high-country and local loops
- 140mm of Switch Infinity rear travel offers balanced performance
- Fox Factory 36 FIT4 fork delivers top-tier performance
- 29in wheels coast right over jagged rock rolls with ease
- SRAM XX1/X01 Eagle AXS hybrid drivetrain supplies instant shifting
- Fox Factory Float DPS shock has a wide range of adjustments
- SRAM UDH compatibility makes it super easy to find replacement hangers
- DT Swiss EXC1501 carbon wheels are lightweight and fast-rolling
- Item #YTIR1H6