Why We Like The Yeti SB140 T2 X01 Eagle 29in Mountain Bike
For high-alpine trail rides, post-work flow trails, and even the occasional bike park day, it's hard to beat the versatility of the SB140 T2 X01 Eagle 29in Mountain Bike. 140mm of rear travel is powered by Yeti's renowned Switch Infinity linkage, providing excellent small bump sensitivity and lots of support under pedaling power. Yeti's revised Switch Infinity link is reinforced throughout the system for an enhanced feel on the trail, plus it's also easier to maintain. The SB140's head tube angle comes in at 65.4 degrees, matching modern trends without going over the top to retain a nimble steering feel for tight switchbacks. The seat tube angle is mighty steep at 77.5 degrees to provide a comfortable climbing position for all-day epics in the high-country.
This T2 X01 build utilizes Yeti's top-tier TURQ carbon frame construction which we love for its responsive, lightweight feel on the trail. The X01 Eagle drivetrain from SRAM keeps weight down and operates with reliable, crisp shifting. The Fox Factory 36 FIT4 fork with 150mm of travel crushes black diamond trails with confidence and provides a three-position lockout switch for the climbs. We love to see DT Swiss XM1700 alloy wheels on this build because they're reliably durable and do a great job damping trail vibrations. This T2 X01 build is an excellent option for riders who want an efficient one-bike-quiver, or as a dedicated trail bike for riders who already have an XC or enduro bike.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Carbon trail bike is efficient and capable for big rides
- 140mm of Switch Infinity rear travel maintains rear wheel traction
- Fox Factory 36 FIT4 150mm travel fork soaks up trail chatter
- 29in wheels hold their momentum over tricky obstacles
- SRAM X01 Eagle 12-speed drivetrain offers a wide gear range
- DT Swiss XM1700 alloy wheels offer bomber durability
- SRAM UDH compatibility makes finding replacement hangers a breeze
- Fox Factory Float DPS shock is lightweight with lots of adjustments
- Item #YTIR1H1