Why We Like The Yakima HoldUp EVO Hitch Rack
Yakima is renowned for building some of the toughest racks on the market with plenty of creature comforts to make carrying your gear as convenient as possible. Holding up to this function-driven design ethos, the Yakima HoldUp Evo Hitch Rack uses burly steel trays with folding wheel hoops that withstand thousands of miles on the road. Best of all, it's designed to fit nearly any bike wheel or tire size on the marketplace, accommodating those bikes with 20 to 29-inch wheels and tires up to 5 inches wide —including fat bikes.
Yakima's StrongArm hook secures firmly in place over your wheel and tire, so you won't have to worry about precious carbon frames coming into contact with the rack itself. Ratcheting straps loop around your rear wheels to keep the bike strapped down securely on the highway. The rack tilts out of the way with its KickStart foot pedal, so you can access your vehicle's rear hatch when both bikes are loaded and ready to go. Also, it folds up against the rear of your vehicle without the bikes in tow.
- Solid hitch-mounted rack for carrying two bikes
- Carries bikes with 20-29-inch wheels and tires up to 5 inches wide
- Burly steel trays with folding wheel hoops for robust quality
- StrongArm secures bike in place without contacting bike frame
- KickStart foot pedal tilts rack to access rear hatch
- SpeedKnob system doesn't require tools and locks firmly in place
- SKS cable locks deter bike theft at interstate pit stops
- Item #YAK003V
- Bike Capacity
- 1.25 in, 2 in hitch receivers
- Locks Included
- included SKS bike locks, tool-free locking SpeedKnob
- Part Number
- [2 in] 8002479, [1.25 in] 8002480
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
2 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
November 24, 2021
drops and breaks
- I've put it through the wringer
Bought this in June. It is challenging to get the rear tire to lock in. I have had it come loose twice. The front tire strap also broke. Overall, very disappointed. Not worth the cost.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help