Smart in winter.
The Vortex Smart Training Base doesn't quite recreate the extremes of Tacx's pricier models, but its 7% max simulated gradient and its ceiling of 950 watts are more than most of use in an actual race—let alone an indoor training session. These numbers allow it to recreate everything from a long climb to a sprint, so the Vortex keeps up with the virtual course info fed to it from training apps like Zwift and Tacx's own options.
- A cycling trainer to maintain form during winter
- Syncs with apps to synthesize virtual training courses
- Wireless connection to hardware simplifies set-up
- Enough resistance to keep you on top of your game
- Folds for storage when the weather improves