Rolls fast, remains strong.
Revamped to be lighter and stiffer, the Stans Crest MK3 29in Wheel delivers the fast-rolling efficiency and precise tracking desired for cross-country riding and racing. The Crest MK3 has always been a favorite among XC racers and riders, namely due to its optimal strength-to-weight at an attractive price that leaves room for future bike upgrades. The newest version improves upon this legacy with 6069 aluminum alloy giving you dependable strength and lightweight rolling efficiency, regardless if you're hammering away on race day or enjoying the local trail with friends.
Its 23-millimeter internal width optimally supports tires in the range of 2.0 to 2.25 inches without deforming the rubber into a bulbous or bell-like shape. This range is perfectly suited for the typical XC tire, meaning it caters to riders preferring rolling speed over high-volume support. For greater weight savings, the front wheel has a 28-spoke count, which is slightly reduced from the burlier 32-hole count of the rear. Both wheels enjoy the responsive feel of Neo hubs with their 6-pawl system offering an impressive 10-degree engagement. Although this wheel is made for modern thru-axles, Stans includes interchangeable end caps for riders with older quick-release skewers on their XC bike.
- Lightweight, fast-rolling XC wheels
- 6069 alloy rim for optimal strength-to-weight
- 23mm internal width supports 2.0 to 2.25in tires
- Low-profile shape rolls faster and prevents flats
- Laterally stiffer and stronger for precise handling
- Bead Socket Tech (BST) for secure tubeless set-up
- Neo hubs with a responsive 10-degree engagement
- Rear with Shimano/SRAM or SRAM XD driver