The numbers don't lie.
SRM's Power Control 8 Computer is a clean, efficient update to its workhorse Power Control 7 computer, offering a similar mix of features on a sleeker, customizable display. If you're using a Power Control power meter, the computer is an obvious choice to complete your cockpit, but it's also capable of recording and displaying data from any other ANT+ power meter. SRM had versatility in mind when designing the Power Control 8, so in addition to its power meter compatibility, it integrates with a variety of different training software and apps — if you're a Training Peaks user, you can choose to have the computer display specific Training Peaks metrics to make the most of your training rides.
In addition to power, the computer displays the values you'd expect: speed, heartrate, cadence, and ride time, and it uses a built-in GPS and altimeter for accurate distance and total ascent calculations. When you're out on a ride, the computer uses a light sensor to adjust a built-in backlight, adapting your screen's brightness depending on the time of day and riding conditions. SRM also thought of the riders who won't want to use this computer with just one bike — if you train on multiple bikes with their own power meters, or let your spouse or riding partner borrow your computer for a day, you can program up to four bikes into the computer to keep your data separate. Once you're done training, you can choose to keep up to 4,000 hours of rides backed up on the Power Control 8, just in case.
- Keep your data at hand while you power through the miles
- Speed, heartrate, cadence, and GPS data shows on head unit
- Provides real-time data in your headset for easy viewing
- Communicates with ANT+ for use with a variety of power meters
- Pairs with Training Peaks and other apps for personalized zone setting
- Waterproof construction holds up to rain, wind, snow, and sleet
- Hosts up to 4,000 hours of ride time data ready for download
- Can be linked to 4 different power meters for easy transfer from bike to bike