Why We Like The Red AXS Aero Power Meter Kit
With the SRAM Red AXS Aero Power Meter Kit, you can convert your SRAM Red or Force eTap AXS crankset into a lightweight, aerodynamic, and accurate power meter, allowing you to take some of the guesswork out of your training so you can generate more power and systematically get faster over time. If you're simply trying to replace the chainring on your existing AXS power meter crank, this kit is also what you need. This version is designed for single-ring drivetrains (double-ring is also available), and features a Quarq DZero power meter integrated directly into the aero chainring for an impressively lightweight setup.
Quarq has been helping cyclists get the most out of their training for over 12 years and with power reading within +/- 1.5% accuracy, it's easy to see why. This not only lets you repeat training efforts more precisely, but it also means the data tracked is better validated. The power meter is AXS enabled, which lets you easily monitor data and take care of firmware updates using the SRAM AXS app.
The direct mount chainring itself is all-new, being machined from a single block of lightweight aluminum making them as stiff as possible for faster, crisper, and more consistent shifting. If you're looking for an aerodynamic setup, you'll be pleased to find this particular model offers either 48-tooth, 50-tooth, or 52-tooth options that find the balance between having a double up front, which pairs up with the 12-speed cassette in back to achieve nearly as many gears as your old 2x11 setup. Not only that, but you can ditch the front derailleur and take advantage of SRAM's X-SYNC narrow-wide tooth profile for maximum chain retention and control.
Please note that the Red AXS Aero Power Meter Kit is only compatible with the new 8-bolt direct mount SRAM Red and SRAM Force eTap AXS cranks. It is not reverse compatible with prior generations of the 8-bolt direct mount cranks.
- Aero power meter chainring for SRAM Red or Force eTap cranks
- Integrated chainring design reduces weight, improves stiffness
- Quarq power meter is accurate to within +/- 1.5%
- Power balance measures left and right legs separately
- AXS-enabled for easy data monitoring and firmware updates
- X-SYNC tooth profile improves chain retention and control
- Improved shifting performance for crisp, accurate front shifts
- Works with SRAM Red and Force direct mount AXS cranks only
- Item #SRM00H2
- [chainring] aluminum
- SRAM Red and Force direct mount AXS cranks
- SRAM AXS app, Bluetooth, ANT+
- Accuracy (+/-)
- Claimed Weight
- [48T] 8.9oz (253g)
- road cycling