Why We Like the S-Works Ares Wide Road Shoe
Specialized's all-new S-Works Ares Wide Road Shoe is designed to be the most powerful performance shoe on the market. We like that it combines race-worthy capabilities with comfortable features for function and efficiency. An ultra-stiff carbon outsole ensures no watts are wasted when we're giving it our all, and the Boa closure system maintains a minimalist fit and lightweight feel.
- The Ares delivers outstanding comfort and race-worthy performance
- Specialized's stiffest carbon sole doesn't waste watts
- Symmetrical BOA closure enhances supportive comfort
- Body Geometry technology boosts comfort and efficiency
- Roomy toe box prevents numbness and hot spots
- PadLock heel prevents slippage and power loss
- Item #SCQ00NH
- Upper Material
- synthetic leather, Dyneema, TPU
- BOA Li2 Fit System
- FACT Powerline (stiffness index 15)
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [one shoe, size 42] 220g
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
3 based on 2 ratings
Fits Slightly SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
November 19, 2023
"Ares Wide" is not really wide
- I returned this product before using it
- Size Bought:
- 5' 7"
The product name on the box said "Ares Wide". but the size marked on both the box and inside the shoe says 41 M. These really are a medium width, not the EE is was expecting based on my previous Specialized shoes.
August 26, 2023
Great design and fit, but not very wide
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
Hard to get into due to the internal sock, have to use a shoe horn. Very comfortable and secure fit, better than most shoes i’ve had before. However, for my wide and short feet, these are not wide enough, but the toe box is roomy. Definitely try before buying. These might be great for normal to slightly wide feet. They do lock the heel in place like nothing else I have tried.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help