Tallboy Carbon CC X01 Eagle Mountain Bike
Why We Like The Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon CC X01 Eagle Mountain Bike
The new Santa Cruz Tallboy has been redesigned to be more responsive, capable, and hungrier than ever to take us to new heights. It craves side hits, technical climbs, and puckering slab rolls. 120mm of Fox Factory-supported VPP travel out back ensures every pedal stroke moves us forward on those long singletrack climbs and provides plenty of traction to keep us planted when things get technical. The 65.5-degree head-tube angle and size-specific chainstays ensure a nimble line through gnarly descents, while the bump-busting 130mm RockShox Pike Ultimate fork is ready to handle the next rock garden with ease. The new downtube Glovebox has a tool roll and purse that provide storage for all our trailside essentials and maybe even a burrito or two for those all-day trail missions.
The Tallboy Carbon CC X01 Eagle Mountain Bike perfectly balances high-performance components and durability for this build. To start, ultra-light Carbon CC layup is size-specific, ensuring a consistent ride feel across the entire size range. A SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain offers crisp shifting for worry-free last-minute shifts in technical terrain. It is paired with a wide range 10-52t cassette that helps us keep our pedals turning when the climb seems vertical. The bombproof Race Face AR Offset 30 wheels are built to withstand gnarly hits ride after ride, so we don’t have to worry about getting a little rowdy on some side hits. The new Santa Cruz Tallboy makes feeling under-biked a thing of the past and dares us to push it to the limit on our next trail ride.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Short-travel 29er that challenges the definition of cross-country
- Size-specific carbon layup ensures a consistent ride across sizes
- 120mm of responsive VPP travel provides efficient pedaling
- Reduced anti-squat improves small bump and braking sensitivity
- 130mm RockShox Pike Ultimate fork craves rock gardens and techy roots
- Lightweight SRAM X01 drivetrain provides precise shifting
- Room for up to 29 x 2.5in tire lets us dial in our traction needs
- Glovebox stows all our trail essentials so we can ditch the pack
- Item #SNZK1JZ