Megatower Carbon C R Mountain Bike
Why We Like The Megatower Carbon C R Mountain Bike
Designed as a dedicated steed for enduro race stages, the Megatower Carbon C R Mountain Bike is the perfect tool for flying between the tape or for riders who need a long-travel rig for their favorite trails. We’re equally stoked about the V2 Megatower’s new Glovebox frame storage system as we are about its updated suspension and geometry. 165mm of lower-link VPP travel continues to provide the stable traction at speed that Santa Cruz bikes are known for, yet simultaneously sits high in the travel while climbing for an energetic pedaling platform. Size-specific chainstays (which Santa Cruz refers to as ‘rear center’) provide the perfect balance between straight lining stability and cornering maneuverability. Another key geometry update is the 77.5-degree seat tube angle (in the low setting) which provides an ideal pedaling position for long days in the saddle.
This particular build utilizes Santa Cruz’s Carbon C layup which is a touch heavier than its CC Carbon counterpart, but still offers the responsive feel of carbon at a lower price point. The RockShox Zeb fork utilizes 38mm stanchions to deliver enhanced torsional stiffness for cornering at speed and mashing through rock gardens. The integrated Glovebox frame storage system lets us stash all kinds of goodies from tubes to windbreakers and more right in the frame. We wouldn’t hesitate to utilize this build for our local enduro series, or as a bruiser of a trail bike for areas with lots of sustained elevation loss.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Long-travel 29er suited to enduro racing and steep terrain
- 165mm of lower-link VPP travel erases trail chatter and takes big hits
- RockShox Zeb fork with 38mm stanchions ready for burly drops
- RockShox SuperDeluxe Select shock is lightweight and tunable
- Integrated Glovebox frame storage with Tool Wallet and Tube Purse
- Workhorse SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain shifts reliably
- RaceFace AR Offset 30 wheels offer bomber durability
- 4-piston SRAM G2 RE brakes offer consistent braking power
- Item #SNZK1H5