Why We Like The Santa Cruz Chameleon 29 S Mountain Bike
Known for its ability to tame technical trails that most would leave their hardtails at home for, the Chameleon 29 is among our top picks for trail-oriented hardtails. We love the 29-inch version of the Chameleon thanks to its fast-rolling wheels which hold momentum over roots and rocks and offer a zippy feel on rolling cross country trails. This S-build features SRAM GX drivetrains components for crisp shifting and performance-focused G2 R hydraulic disc brakes for taking on steeper trails with confidence.
Geometry on the Chameleon sees slacker longer numbers for enhanced stability and more similar handling characteristics to modern full-suspension bikes. The steep seat tube angle and SDG Tellis dropper post provide an adjustable, efficient climbing position that’s perfectly suitable for all-day spins. The aluminum frame is durable over multiple seasons of heavy usage, and the Fox 34 Performance fork is poised to soak up boulders, stumps, and roots out on the trail.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Modernized hardtail is a blast to ride on rolling trails
- 29in wheels supply incredible rollover ability and cornering grip
- Fox 34 Performance fork with 130mm of travel provides traction
- SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain is super efficient and responsive
- Maxxis rubber offers traction, puncture resistance, and a fast-rolling feel
- Race Face AR aluminum wheels soak up vibrations from rocky trails
- Durable aluminum frame provides internal cable routing for simplicity
- Compatible with multiple configurations, mixed wheel or fixed gear
- Item #SNZK1J6