Item # RTR001E
Rotor QX1 Aero Road Chainring $119.00
Extend the sweet spot.
While it hasn't yet found a competitive home outside of crits and triathlon, one-by technology has certainly proven its worth in those two disciplines. Rotor's QX1 Aero Road Chainring ushers the nascent technology into the land of ovalized chainrings, netting claimed gains in efficiency for the one-by set. Despite its signature shape, the oval ring maintains chain tension throughout the pedal stroke and plays nicely with clutch rear derailleurs.
The one-by version is also more ovalized than the standard (Dare we call it "traditional"? No, no we daren't.) Rotor ring, bumping up to 12.5% instead of the original 10%. That makes the sweet spot of the pedal stroke that much sweeter, letting you linger in the degrees where you're putting the most power into the bottom bracket.
- A one-by chainring for any skinny tire application
- 12.5% ovalized profile extends the pedal stroke's sweet spot
- Aerodynamic face helps reduce drag in one-by setups
- Tooth profile retains chains even on rough country roads
- Maintains chain tension throughout pedal stroke
- Compatible with clutch-equipped rear derailleurs