Kapic Crank Arms
The Kapic Crank Arms are Rotor's lightest and stiffest mountain cranks to date, aptly named in honor of the six cumulative victories Rotor athletes have achieved at the legendary Cape Epic race in South Africa. The Cape Epic is one of the most prestigious mountain bike stage races in the world, requiring racers to navigate grueling rocky climbs, miles of forested singletrack, and countless technical descents over an eight day period. A race like this requires a crankset that delivers stiffness and control in these arduous conditions, but with a low weight to preserve rider energy and maximize efficiency. The Kapic delivers on both fronts, being expertly crafted to mirror the strength and agility of Africa's fastest land mammal, the Cheetah.
The Kapic Crank Arms are designed with an innovative modular system that lets you select each crank component individually based on your unique bike setup and preferences. It uses the same spline interface as the heavier-duty Hawk crankset, making it compatible with all of Rotor's direct mount MTB chainrings—round or oval. But unlike the Hawk, the Kapic cranks are constructed from lighter weight aeronautic-grade aluminum and are designed to pair with the lighter Kapic spindle (sold separately). This saves almost a half-pound of weight compared to the Hawk cranks, but you'll still enjoy exceptional stiffness to conquer the toughest mountain bike routes.
- Rotor's lightest and stiffest mountain cranks to date
- Built to withstand the rigors of marathon MTB racing
- Modular design let's you select each crank component individually
- CNC-machined from 7075 aeronautic-grade aluminum
- Trinity Drilling System saves weight without sacrificing stiffness
- Designed to pair with lightweight Kapic Axle (sold separately)
- Works with Rotor direct mount round and oval chainrings
- Includes crank arms only—chainring, axle, and bottom bracket sold separately