MonoRail Platform Hitch Rack
You can forget about painstakingly loading your bike in the rear hatch when you outfit your vehicle with the RockyMounts MonoRail Platform Hitch Rack. This two-bike carrier conveniently mounts to either 1.25- or 2-inch receiver hitches, giving you the ability to mount it to your smaller car or large truck. For greater capacity on downhill shuttles and family outings, the 2-inch receiver version gives you the option for carrying a third bike with the MonoRail Single Bike Add-On (sold separately).
The sturdy platform design carries up to 120 pounds of total weight, which is considerably more than many hitch-mounted racks in this category. It accommodates bikes with 20 to 29-inch wheels, with tires up to a gargantuan 5-inch width. This gives you the ability to quickly and easily transport bikes ranging from your favorite road bikes to full-suspension mountain bikes, and even the biggest of fat tire bruisers. The adjustable front wheel clamp eliminates the need for frame contact, which is a major plus for riders with carbon frames and sensitive paint jobs. Three inches of side-to-side adjustment gives you ample room to space out bikes, without them contacting each other at highway speeds.
- Sturdy two-bike carrier for 1.25in or 2in hitch
- Fits bikes with up to 29in wheels and 5in tires
- Maximum weight capacity of 120lbs for both bikes
- 3in of side-to-side adjustment for a proper fit
- Front wheel hook doesn't make frame contact
- Adjustable rear wheel strap for security
- Included bike-to-rack and rack-to-car locks