Road Race 26 Bike
Keep your budding racer spinning with the pack on the Ridley Road Race 26 Bike. The strong aluminum frame and fork provide a stable, confident, and performance-focused chassis on winter base-miles all the way to the start line of competitive junior races. The 26-inch wheel size serves as the last stop before graduating to adult-sized bikes equipped with 700c wheels and prepares your youthful podium chaser to balance and steer a larger frame and operate a full 2x drivetrain.
The Road Race may be a bit pint-sized still, but Ridley loads the bike up with all the components needed to ride effectively and competitively. A 46x34 tooth crankset is paired with a healthy spread of 8 gears on a rear cassette that is well-suited to tackle flat terrain and the demands of rolling country-sides. Shimano’s entry-level but race-ready Claris drivetrain train is onboard to click through the gears and provide a stable and ergonomic platform for both road cycling and cyclocross. Yes, the Road Race is more than a road bike. With the mini V rim brake set up and durable double-wall aluminum wheels, simply swap out for some CX-ready knobs and mud-clearing pedals, and the Road Race becomes a cyclocross bike.
Ridley chooses Kenda’s Roadrace tires for the build and does not include pedals.
- Continue your kid's growth in cycling with the 26in, race-ready, road bike
- Durable and lightweight aluminum frame and fork for reliable performance
- Racing geometry that fits both road cycling and cyclocross
- Shimano Claris drivetrain for high performance on a budget
- Gearing and wheelset work for road and cyclocross participation