Why We Like The Switchblade Ride SLX/XT Mountain Bike
Designed to question the limits of a mid-travel trail bike, we happily choose the Switchblade Ride SLX/XT Mountain Bike for any of our favorite rides. From days on The Whole Enchilada to logging north of a hundred miles over a long weekend in Durango, this bike’s 142mm of rear travel and DW-Link design provide a feel that’s impossibly comfortable as we squirm up the trickiest rock moves, jib our way through the flats, and rally drops on descents. While Pivot's suspension design delivers optimal rear tire traction, the headtube angle also aids in this bike's versatility at a slightly steeper than usual 67.5-degrees which makes tight switchbacks a breeze.
This Switchblade build takes the best components from Shimano’s mid-tier drivetrain parts with a hybrid SLX/XT groupset, delivering crisp shifting without getting too spendy. The four-piston SLX brakes provide excellent value and stopping power, while suspension duties are handled by a Fox Performance 36 fork and FLOATX shock which offers an excellent range of adjustment. Burly DT Swiss M1900 wheels are worthy of gnarly enduro riding, and Maxxis Minion tires with EXO+ casing find the sweet spot between weight and flat protection. 29in hoops make it easier to maintain our momentum through root mazes and jagged rocks, making this bike right at home in backcountry terrain that’s difficult to tame.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mid-travel trail bike is a perfect quiver of one
- 142mm of DW-Link travel delivers optimal support and traction
- 160mm travel Fox Performance 36 fork welcomes challenging terrain
- Lightweight carbon frame and Superboost hub spacing for stiffness
- Hybrid SLX/XT Shimano drivetrain shifts smoothly
- Four-piston SLX brakes are ready for steep, fast trails
- Aluminum DT Swiss M1900 wheels are both durable and lightweight
- Steeper 67.5-degree headtube is great for tight spaces and jibbing
- Item #PIV1WZR
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov