Back-Roller Free Panniers
Since PVC plastics harm not only our environment but also our health, Ortlieb offers the Back-Roller Classic models with a PVC-free construction. The Back-Roller Free Panniers are a splitting image of the classic variation with an exception of the PVC. Their rugged canvas material has a polyurethane coating that sheds water spray, dust, and abrasion, and the roll-top design continues to block raindrops from dampening your bike touring gear. Apart from that, the Classic and Free are more or less the same. The QL2.1 system lets you mount and release each pannier with a simple pull of a handle. The pannier automatically locks onto the rack the moment you mount it; it's compatible with 16mm racks, but Ortlieb includes hook inserts to fit 8, 10, and 12mm racks as well. The QL2.1 system also features a semi-elliptical hook at the bottom that you can adjust and rotate to fit your rack so the pannier doesn't bounce as much as regular panniers.
- Rugged pannier free from PVC for environmentally friendly cyclists
- Roll-top and treated Cordura shed water spray and block dust
- QL2.1 system eases mounting and releasing off of most racks
- Adjustable, rotating bottom hook reduces abrasion and scratching
- Adjustable shoulder strap with padding can fix to hook
- 3M Scotchlite reflectors on both side for extra visibility