Change of plans.
Sometimes, you plan a run in your head all day, only to be thwarted by weather or convinced by friends to change your plans. If you laced up your shoes for a road run but decided to turn onto the dirt instead, you'll be grateful you're wearing the New Balance Gobi. This lightweight hybrid comes with a tread that'll keep you on your feet over root-laced singletrack, but won't weigh you down if you transition onto roads for all or part of your run.
New Balance's Fresh Foam midsole helps with that; cushy and soft, it absorbs impact on harsh roadsides but remains quick and responsive when you want to pick up the tempo over a smooth section of trail. And in case you stay out longer than you intended, the Gobi's 6mm drop midsole won't make you pay with so-tight-they-may-snap Achilles tendons the way other more minimal shoes might. It encourages midfoot landings without abandoning you when the miles (and fatigue) start to stack up.
- Run on the road or jump onto trails in this hybrid shoe
- Fresh Foam midsole blends cush with responsiveness
- Uniform midsole suits neutral runners best
- 6mm drop works for heel strikers or midfoot runners
- AT Tread outsole hangs onto dirt, scree, or roads
- Seamless, airy uppers mold to your foot without pressure
View more Women's Running Tights
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
"I recently replaced two pairs of Nike running shoes with New Balance running shoes. There is no comparison, the New Balance shoes are far superior.. The New Balance shoes have firm support and an aggressive sole."