Change of plans.
Sometimes, you plan a run in your head all day, only to be thwarted by weather or convinced by friends to change your plans. If you laced up your shoes for a road run but decided to turn onto the dirt instead, you'll be grateful you're wearing the New Balance Gobi. This lightweight hybrid comes with a tread that'll keep you on your feet over root-laced singletrack, but won't weigh you down if you transition onto roads for all or part of your run.
New Balance's Fresh Foam midsole helps with that; cushy and soft, it absorbs impact on harsh roadsides but remains quick and responsive when you want to pick up the tempo over a smooth section of trail. And in case you stay out longer than you intended, the Gobi's 6mm drop midsole won't make you pay with so-tight-they-may-snap Achilles tendons the way other more minimal shoes might. It encourages midfoot landings without abandoning you when the miles (and fatigue) start to stack up.
- Run on the road or jump onto trails in this hybrid shoe
- Fresh Foam midsole blends cush with responsiveness
- Uniform midsole suits neutral runners best
- 6mm drop works for heel strikers or midfoot runners
- AT Tread outsole hangs onto dirt, scree, or roads
- Seamless, airy uppers mold to your foot without pressure
View more Women's Running Tights