Minion DHF Wide Trail 3C/EXO/TR Tire
With a tread design that balances rolling speed with braking and cornering traction, it's hard to go wrong with the Minion DHF. For many years it's been the standard that other aggressive tires are compared against, and is one of the most imitated tires in mountain biking simply because it works. Really well. It's been a longtime favorite of ours for the mix of hardpack and loose conditions here in Utah, so we're happy to announce the Minion DHF Wide Trail 3C/EXO/TR Tire is now available in the long-awaited 29 x 2.6in configuration. It's ideal for those of us wanting the extra traction and bump-gobbling manners of a high volume tire on our 29er trail steeds.
The Minion DHF has an aggressive tread pattern with stout knobs that dig deep in loose corners and provide substantial traction while braking. That being said, the center knobs are ramped which allows the tire to accelerate more quickly and maintain speed on straightaways. Channel cuts and siping are found on alternating rows of tread, allowing the knobs to spread out under load for more surface area and thus more grip.
This version of the Minion DHF is optimized for internal rim widths of 30 - 35mm in order to support the Wide Trail casing. It uses Maxxis' 3C MaxxTerra compound which offers more traction than 3C MaxxSpeed, yet lasts longer and rolls quicker than 3C MaxxGrip. EXO sidewall protection resists abrasion and rock slices, adding additional puncture protection to a line of tires that's already proven to be impressively resilient.
- Maxxis' most revered tire now available in a 29 x 2.6in size
- High volume casing offers gobs of traction and smooth damping
- Tread excels on dry, hardpack, loose, & even wet conditions
- Ramped center knobs for faster rolling speeds
- Channel cuts and siping increase traction under load
- Wide Trail casing optimizes tread profile for 30 - 35mm rims
- 3C MaxxTerra balances grip, rolling resistance, and long wear life
- EXO protection resists flats caused by sidewall tears