Shiva 2.0 Carbon Full-Face Helmet
If you're a fan of the biggest freeride event on the planet located in Southern Utah, you probably remember the name Nicholi. He suffered one of the gnarliest crashes we've ever witnessed in 2015. Well, Kali Protectives outfitted Nicholi with an early prototype of this very same Shiva 2.0 Carbon Full-Face Helmet before the event, complete with Kali's LDL system. This crash showcased just how rugged this full-face helmet is while being smashed and bashed over the sharp rocks and sheer cliffs on this course, providing a glimpse into the robust construction methods packed into this premium full-face lid.
With this crash serving as a testament to its legendary strength (and Nicholi's nerves of steel we might add), the Shiva 2.0 Carbon Full-Face Helmet gives the most demanding of downhill racers, freeriders, and bike park addicts the robust protection they need when putting it all on the line. It's upgraded over the standard Shiva 2.0 with a full carbon shell, which drops approximately five ounces in weight from the regular Shiva 2.0, as well as increasing the overall rigidity and strength of the helmet.
Nano Fusion construction mates traditional EPS foam with carbon nanotubes and acrylic self-healing foam to better absorb energy and reduce the overall volume of the helmet. It's then outfitted with Kali's Low Density Layer (LDL) compromised of viscoelastic padding to significantly reduce rotational forces transmitted through the helmet. Kali didn't stop there, opting for a total of 18 vents along the head, brow, and chin bar to usher cooling airflow inside, as well as providing anti-odor pads that ensure lasting freshness after long, sweaty sessions. Also, it has a breakaway visor, which gives you protection from trailside brush and harsh sunshine, but snaps off during a crash for additional safety.
- Kali's strongest, most advanced full-face helmet
- Full carbon shell maximizes strength, reduces weight
- Nano Fusion construction makes it stronger, less bulky
- LDL technology reduces rotational forces transmitted
- 18 vents along head, brow, and chin for cooling airflow
- Anti-odor padding for freshness after long sessions
- Breakaway visor snaps off for safety during a crash
- Includes a helmet sock for storage and travel
- Item #KAP001O
- Full Face
- breakaway visor
- DOT, ASTM F1952, ASTM 2032, ASTM F2040, Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older, EN 1078
- 10 head, 4 brow, 4 chin vents
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 5.1oz (1050g)
- Shell Material
- full carbon