Why We Like The Juliana Wilder Carbon R Trail Mountain Bike
From high speed trail riding to flat-out XC racing, we throw a leg over the Wilder Carbon Trail to carry us through the finish line. This lightweight XC bike isn't your average trail bike or a cross-country bike of past years, it is built to cover ground as fast as possible thanks to a trimmed-down carbon frame paired with 115mm of Juliana's finely-tuned, ultra-efficient Superlight rear suspension. Compared to the longer-travel Juliana Joplin, the Wilder is meant for racking up more mileage in less time without giving up too much in the way of downhill capability. The geometry is poised for razor-sharp turning and quick acceleration, without neglecting stability at speed when the trail points downhill so we can drop in on unknown trails without worrying about if we can make it down the mountain.
The Wilder might be a XC race bike at heart optimized for all out speed, but the 120mm front fork and fast-rolling 29-inch wheels make this a machine capable of tackling our local trails day in and day out. The smartly spec'd SRAM NX 12-speed drivetrain offers reliable shifting in any conditions without breaking the bank when we break a component. Paired to a set of durable RaceFace AR Offset 27 wheels and a suspension setup that combines the best of RochShox and Fox, this bike is the perfect entry-level cross-country bike for those of us looking to dip our toes into the local race scene or just make some of our daily trails a little more challenging.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Short-travel 29er blending XC and trail prowess
- 115mm of rear travel supported by efficient Superlight linkage
- Carbon C frame is built to optimize stiffness and comfort
- Aggressive geometry provides sharp, precise handling
- NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain powers us up and over steep climbs
- RockShox SID RL fork offers 120mm of bump-busting travel
- ESI Chunky grips help fight off arm pump and hand fatigue
- RaceFace AR Offset 27 wheels roll up and over almost any obstacle
- Item #JLIC07L