Why We Like The Juliana Joplin Carbon CC Mountain Bike Frame
When we are looking for a genre-blending short-travel 29er frame to start our next downcountry build, our minds immediately turn to the Juliana Joplin Carbon CC Mountain Bike Frame. The Joplin has been redesigned to be more responsive, capable, and hungrier than ever to tackle bigger adventures and gnarlier descents. It is here to make feeling under-biked a thing of the past, and it craves side hits, technical climbs, and puckering slab faces. Anti-squat has been reduced to improve small bump sensitivity and braking performance, while the suspension leverage curve has been completely reworked to create a snappier and more responsive ride. 120mm of Fox Factory-supported VPP travel out back ensures every pedal stroke moves us forward even on climbs that seem vertical and provides plenty of traction when the trails turn technical to keep us connected to the ground.
The Joplin frame’s ultra-light Carbon CC layup and the redesigned chainstays are size-specific to ensure that the ride feel remains consistent across the entire size range. This along with the 65.5-degree headtube angle (in the low setting) keeps the Joplin stable at speed yet super nimble making us want to push the limits on every ride. The Joplin frame also gets the new Glovebox that lets us store all of our trail essentials in the downtube so that we can ditch the pack on post-work hot laps or house some extra snacks for all-day adventure rides. The new Joplin has us reconsidering what a cross-country bike can do, and we might just start referring to it as a Tech-C bike instead.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Carbon 29er frame that blurs the line between XC and trail
- 120mm of VPP travel ensures solid traction and efficient pedaling
- Reworked anti-squat and leverage curves improve ride feel
- Fox Float Factory DPS shock is plush yet responsive
- Size-specific Carbon CC layup allows a consistent ride across all sizes
- Room for 29 x 2.5in tires gives us options for different terrain
- A relatively steep seat-tube angle is comfortable on the climbs
- 65.6-degree headtube angle and size-specific chainstays offer trustworthy stability
- Item #JLIC07U