Furtado Carbon C R Mountain Bike
Why We Like The Juliana Furtado Carbon C R Mountain Bike
Whether we’re picking our way through low-speed tech or spinning our favorite backyard loop on repeat, the Furtado Carbon C R Mountain Bike is among our top picks for nimble trail bikes. Now built on a mixed-wheel platform, the Furtado benefits from the rollover ability of a 29in wheel up front with the maneuverability and playfulness of a 27.5in wheel out back. 130mm of lower-link VPP travel borders the line between short and mid-travel, with a revised shock tune that rewards lighter riders both on the uphill and the descent. Juliana achieves a comfortable climbing position with a 77.1-degree seat tube angle (size small, low position), with the stability of a modern 64.9-degree head tube angle. The Glovebox in-frame storage is a major highlight since it lets us stash the included Tool Wallet and Tube Purse in the bike’s downtube along with a windbreaker or snack.
This mid-tier build utilizes the Carbon C layup which is less expensive than the slightly-lighter Carbon CC version. SRAM’s NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain delivers reliable shifting characteristics, plus it’s totally cross-compatible with all Eagle drivetrain components for easy replacements and upgrades. Race Face AR Offset 30 rims boast a modern 30mm internal rim width along with a durable construction that’s sure to last for years. Grippy Minion DHR II tires from Maxxis deliver traction in mixed conditions and are impressively light thanks to the EXO casing. This Furtado build is perfect for riders who prioritize maneuverability, and is a viable option as a quiver of one or as an addition to a longer or shorter-travel bike.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mid-tier trail bike attacks climbs, jibs effortlessly, and rips descents
- 130mm of VPP rear travel is supportive and efficient
- RockShox Pike Base fork provides 140mm of travel for reliable traction
- 27.5in rear wheel is ultra-nimble for trailside jibs and tight corners
- 29in front wheel holds momentum over square-edge hits
- Size-specific chainstays deliver consistent performance across sizes
- Flip-chips let us tailor our geo to our terrain type or riding style
- SDG Tellis dropper post lets us easily drop our saddle out of the way
- Item #JLIC07O