Why We Like The X2 Clipless Pedals
To create its new X2 Clipless Pedals, HT Components logically started with the effective design of its X1 downhill pedals. They worked closely with World Cup fixture Mr. Gwin to gain feedback from early versions of the downhill pedals, which led them to alter the X1's platform to make the X2's easier to get in and out of with a wider variety of shoes. While the X1 requires more of an all-or-nothing decisiveness to clip out of, the X2 uses a thinner, 14mm platform than the X1's to allow them to be more responsive, and it uses a slimmer cage design on the CNC-machined body to shed a claimed 10g compared to the X1, bringing the overall weight of a pair of X2's down to a claimed 460g.
HT Components also changed up its bearing system to the more minimal EVO+ on the X2's, which uses a single DU bushing per side, but the pedals are still compatible with X1 cleats. The other features closely resemble the X1's, with the same replaceable five pins around the perimeter of the platform included to strengthen the pedal, and the same high spring tension that makes both sets of pedals well-suited to the demands of downhill racing. With the high spring tension paired with the minimal float, you'll be able to attack technical sections of trail at high speeds without worrying about an ill-timed accidental ejection.
- A clipless pedal designed for greater tunability and mud clearance
- Machined aluminum body balances weight and strength
- Replaceable pins improve grip through the mud
- EVO+ bearings lock out debris to provide smooth spinning
- Item #HTO000J
- [body] CNC-machined aluminum, [spindle] CNC-machined cr-moly
- HT-exclusive system
- Compatible Components
- X1, X1F, X2 cleats
- 2 Pair of Cleats, 2 Sets of Cleat hardware, 24 Pedal Pins, 2 Replacement Tension Bolts, 2 Replacement Tension Indicators, 4 Replacement Pedal Body Bolts, 1 Pin Wrench, 1 8mm Drill Bit, 1 Sticker Pack
- Claimed Weight
- [pair] 1lb 0.2oz (460g)