The Hoka One One Men's Speed Instinct Trail Running Shoe helps you charge the trail with quick-footed precision and plush comfort. Designed for conquering trails across lowland forests, undulating hillsides, and steep mountains, the Speed Instinct sports an aggressively lugged sole that claws into loose dirt, slick rock, and steep inclines with grippy finesse. High-abrasion rubber maximizes longevity when you're subjecting these shoes to the rigors of rugged terrain and rocky trails.
Staying true to Hoka's unique running philosophy, the Speed Instinct delivers maximum cushioning alongside Meta-Rocker Geometry. This combination of pronounced midsole height, low heel-toe differential, and sculpted rocker creates a fulcrum-like effect, guiding the runner's gait for an efficient, smooth stride. Another Hoka signature feature, the Pro²Lite midsole is softer at the heel for greater impact absorption, gradually becoming stiffer at the forefoot for speedy propulsion.
- Cushy trail shoe for running across rugged terrain
- Meta-Rocker Geometry promotes an efficient, smooth stride
- Seamless air mesh upper ventilates feet in warmer conditions
- Pro²Lite midsole for heel cushioning and responsive toe-off
- Multi-directional lugs maximize grip across trails
- High-abrasion rubber resists premature wear and tear
- Hoka One One creates unique running shoes with ample cushioning and smooth transitions
View more Men's Trail Running Shoes
Hoka One One Footwear
|MM||US Men's||US Women's||EU||UK|
- How to Measure:
- First, measure your foot in millimeters. Then find the corresponding size on the chart. If your size in millimeters matches exactly on the grid, order one size above
- Example: If your foot is 262mm, the grid shows it matches up to a US Men's size 8.5 so you should get a US Men's size 9.
Reviews & Community
Great Traction + Nice Ride
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 11.5
I mostly use these shoes on gravel/dirt trail. When I first put them on I was worried that they might be too snug, but they have broken in nicely. The toothy tread keeps me from slipping when running uphill on loose gravel. The material keeps dust & rocks out. The toe box is nice & wide... overall a nice efficient trail shoe design. I agree with other comments that a rock plate would be a great add.
Better than expected
My inaugural run in them was this morning and I really enjoyed them. They were far more flexible than I anticipated and they performed well on the trail. I ran for 3.5 hours in the pouring rain and the shoes spent a ton of time in mud and splashing through puddles. The shoe has a nice, snug fit. The Speed Instinct was surprisingly nimble and I still felt that I had a strong connection with the trail...even during technical sections. I felt the traction was still pretty good...despite some other reviews. My only concern with the shoe is that it lacks a rock plate. Even though the cushion is great, I got a few zingers running over sharp rocks.
Better than expected
I have traditionally run in a lower profile trail shoe and resisted the temptation to try some of the ultra-cushion shoes due to fear of not being connected to the trail and concern about how they would perform on more technical terrain. However, when I watched the Ginger Runner review, I was intrigued. It seemed to meet a lot of the criteria I look for in a trail shoe, so I decided to buy a pair.