Suito Interactive Trainer
Throughout the Competitive office you'll find much resistance to trainers on a whole. Most of us would much rather suffer through the cold than hunker down in a pain-cave listening to the whine of a fly wheel. That said, every once in a while a bit of technology is released that sets itself apart from the other trainers on the market, and Elite's Suito Interactive Trainer does a damn good job of convincing us to get indoors and hammer through the miles when the roads grow a sheet of ice, and whipping winds would send us sideways off of the tarmac. This smart trainer tracks all of the data we want for optimizing our training, like cadence, speed, and power, plus electronic direct-drive resistance that simulates slopes up to 15% — all packed into a quiet and sturdy package.
While there are many other trainers that boast data, it's hard to find trainers that are truly quiet. The Suito Interactive Trainer features a ridiculously sturdy steel construction that may scale in a bit heavier than its counterparts, but comes with the benefit of improved stability and a quiet ride. The trainer also comes already set up with a Shimano 11-speed cassette to enable speedier setups at home, claiming setups should take only 5 minutes when things are all said and done. This is thanks in part to the trainer's Plug & Play configuration that is designed to enable quick adjustments for hub spacing, and skip over cassette adjustments, so all you've got to do is mount your bike and connect the trainer to power to get a move on.
The Suito Interactive Trainer is compatible with a whole host of programs for training, and communicates via both ANT+ and Bluetooth. Elite partners up with Zwift on the Suito, offering a full free month of Zwift training, and 12-months of My E-Training so you can collect your data, and turn your indoor training sessions into group rides and international adventures while spinning away in your living room.
- Elite's easy setup trainer for hammering out winter miles
- Electronic resistance provides feel of up to 15% grade climbs
- Communicates via both ANT+ and Bluetooth for easy data collecting
- Direct-drive comes ready to roll with 11-speed Shimano cassette
- Sturdy steel frame is stable and keeps noise down to a minimum
- Plug-and-Play setup takes under 5 minutes to set up and ride
- Provides cadence, speed, and power data to your phone or head unit
- Comes with 1 month of Zwift, 12 months of My E-Training subscription