Bridge the gap.
Despite the radically different way we tend to dress for them, cycling and walking are surprisingly similar in terms of bio-mechanics. With the Boardwalk Men's Shorts, Club Ride Apparel bridges the Lycra divide for those of us who enjoy an urban stroll as much as a mountain noodle. The shorts feature Club Ride's most casual silhouette, but the inclusion of a high, gusseted crotch mean that "casual" for pedestrian comfort doesn't translate to "caught on the damned saddle again" when you transform into your cycling alter ego.
Whether walking or riding, the mid-weight material stretches to accommodate movement and breathes and wicks moisture to accommodate exertion. Club Ride touts the fabric as among its most technical; in our experience, that means it's just as equal to a day on a roughly gouged park bench as it is to a tumble into trailside brush. On days when you're rides do end that way, the addition of a drop in phone pocket reduces the chances that the foliage of your local trail system will swallow your phone.
- A midweight short for cycling and urban spelunking
- Stretch-woven material resists abrasion and dries quickly
- Treated to resist water and fend off trail soil
- Crotch gusset accommodates pedaling without catching the saddle
- Reflective details help keep you visible during early rides and late returns