Item # CST00K8
Castelli Volo Short - Men's $119.95
For the bib-free.
Not all cyclists desire bibs when shopping for cycling shorts. Because of this, Castelli offers several of its race-ready shorts with and without bibs. The Men's Volo Short falls into the sans-suspenders segment of day-in-day-out training shorts for Castelli, which we dare say rivals race quality from just about any other manufacturer.
The Volo is made with Affinity Lycra on the inside of the leg for outstanding stretch and compression to fight fatigue while Affinity BLC textured fabric is utilized for improved aerodynamics. At the leg openings, the Volo gets Castelli's Giro Air leg band, a wide strip of stretchy mesh material that keeps the fit secure without binding or wearing off after a few washes. Flat-lock stitching throughout improves the fit and reduces friction.
For the chamois, Castelli chooses its KISS Air insert. This is a low-profile chamois design reducing bulk, not comfort. Most of the dual-density padding is relegated to the ischial zone, while the perineal area is protected by a pressure-relieving channel. One last important feature is the reflective detailing on the back of the legs to help you stay visible to motorists in low-light conditions.
- A quality short for racing and training
- Affinity BLC textured fabric elevates aerodynamics
- A lightly compressive stretch from the Affinity Lycra panels
- Wicking fabrics aid moisture transfer for keeping cool
- Avoid chaffing with flat-lock stitching throughout
- Kiss Air seat pad is ideal for all-day comfort
View more Men's Shorts
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
Very good shorts
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
The quality of the shorts is very good, great material, tight and fit very well. And they look very cool. The only reason why I did not give them 5 stars is because these shorts do not have an adjustable waist elastic. So, if you have a little belly, it's going to come out!