Item # CST00H0
Castelli Magnifica Short - Women's $89.95
A strong start.
Everyone started somewhere, and if you're new to the cycling world, you'll have a smoother start than most if you take your first turns in the saddle in the Castelli Magnifica Women's Shorts. Though better suited for short-to-medium distance training rides than pro-level criteriums, the Magnifica lives up to its place in the Castelli family with an impressive fit and supportive materials.
Two-layer ProDry Soft fabric provides consistent moisture transfer and stretch as you ride, with a friendlier slim fit than some of the brand's ultra-contoured racing apparel. Though you're not ready to embrace bibs just yet, Castelli wisely cut the Magnifica's waist higher in the back so you don't have to sacrifice support for eschewing bibs. The waist helps stabilize the hardworking muscles of your lower back as you move around in the saddle, working to find your ideal riding position.
- Log your first rides in comfort in this entry-level short
- Soft, stretchy fabric breathes consistently as you ride
- Affinity Lycra front panel adds subtle stretch
- Slim fit is tailored but forgiving
- Chamois provides cushion and relief on short rides
- InMold leg grippers prevent wandering hems without pinch
View more Women's Shorts
- Note: Castelli has a "Euro" slimmer fit. We suggest ordering at least one size larger than your normal US size.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
Just received and...
- Fit: True to size
Haven’t worn them yet, so basing my review only on just trying it on.
The fit is fine everywhere except way too loose around the bottom of my thighs. Hoping to wear them regardless, but not sure if anyone else has that issue? I also don’t love the red decorative line like I thought I would have (makes you look more curvy), wish it was all black. Bought the medium (5’3” and 117 pounds) and the waist and chamois seem perfect.
Best shorts ever
A good, flattering length (I'm 5'10"), no bulgy areas, nice heavy fabric and excellent chamois. I usually wear Small-to-Medium and the Medium fits perfectly.
Love these bike shorts!
- Size Bought: large
These are extremely comfortable, with plenty of padding without being bulky. The style is flattering and the length is perfect. I ordered a size larger than usual (large instead of medium) and they fit just right.
These are shockingly comfortable.
I've worn a lot of chamois and these are super comfortable.