A strong start.
Everyone started somewhere, and if you're new to the cycling world, you'll have a smoother start than most if you take your first turns in the saddle in the Castelli Magnifica Women's Shorts. Though better suited for short-to-medium distance training rides than pro-level criteriums, the Magnifica lives up to its place in the Castelli family with an impressive fit and supportive materials.
Two-layer ProDry Soft fabric provides consistent moisture transfer and stretch as you ride, with a friendlier slim fit than some of the brand's ultra-contoured racing apparel. Though you're not ready to embrace bibs just yet, Castelli wisely cut the Magnifica's waist higher in the back so you don't have to sacrifice support for eschewing bibs. The waist helps stabilize the hardworking muscles of your lower back as you move around in the saddle, working to find your ideal riding position.
- Log your first rides in comfort in this entry-level short
- Soft, stretchy fabric breathes consistently as you ride
- Affinity Lycra front panel adds subtle stretch
- Slim fit is tailored but forgiving
- Chamois provides cushion and relief on short rides
- InMold leg grippers prevent wandering hems without pinch