Free Aero Race 4 Kit Bib Short
The professionals on Team Sky had a heavy influence in the construction of the Free Aero Race 4 Kit Bib Short from Castelli. Although most of the riders agreed the existing Free Bibshort was already pretty well dialed, they did request the addition of a loop on the bib to hold a race radio microphone and one rider wanted his chamois shifted back a touch. Apparently, the racers on Team Sky aren't the only ones who like it, the Free Aero Race Bibshort is Castelli's best-selling short, so when it came time for an update, it only wanted to make subtle changes for the better and nothing too drastic. As far as the "Kit" moniker in the title goes, the only difference we can tell over the standard version is the inclusion of color blocking bands at the leg openings.
First up is a new leg gripper that still features a lie-flat, raw-cut edge but now has vertical silicone stripes to hold it comfortably in place without restricting stretch. Next is a new fabric that allows for better print quality and Castelli updated the seams to improve the fit and looks. It also re-engineered the bib straps with new fabrics and construction so they help you stay cooler, lie flat, and are more durable. Finally, it also receives the updated Progetto X2 Air seamless seat insert featuring one of the softest surfaces we've ever felt in a chamois.
- Castelli's popular racing bib updated
- Vortex dimpled fabric on the legs offer an aero boost
- Forza fabric on inner legs stretches for a perfect fit
- Stripe mesh engineered minimalist bib construction keeps you cooler
- Doppio V construction in the front increases support and comfort
- Flat-lock stitching throughout reduces irritation
- Progetto X2 Air Seamless chamois offers long ride comfort
- Giro4 leg gripper elastic provides better grip that's distributed over a larger area