Item # CST00EL
Castelli Arrivo Thermo Headband $19.95
The simple, thermal headband may be the most often overlooked piece of cold-weather kit in cycling. We know cyclists who treat layering like a precise science or have a cult-like obsession with matching gloves to weather conditions but still don't own a headband. One late autumn spin in Castelli's Arrivo Thermo Headband is all it takes to convert believers, though, as its versatility in a huge range of temperatures make it indispensable for cycling between October and March.
Like its Skully Cap cousin, the Arrivo Headband is made from Thermoflex. The material is a brushed fleece that creates an insulating halo, warming your forehead and ears—which are most vulnerable to windchill—while allowing excess body heat to escape from the crown of your skull. Castelli recommends it in temperatures ranging from 41-59 degrees Fahrenheit, though many of us continue relying on it in temperatures ranging into the high 30s.
- A cycling headband for cold, dry conditions
- Thermal fleece insulates forehead and ears
- Raw-cut edges lie flat under a helmet
View more Winter Bike Hats
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
Compact, comfortable headband
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: One size
Great price made this an easy addition to the winter clothing ensemble. It is seamless... which I prefer for headgear. Not sure I could wear this up to 59F... and I DEFINITELY can wear it down into the mid-30s.