EPS V4 Power Unit
Heritage and tradition may be the first words that come to mind when thinking of Campagnolo, but despite the brand's connection to the classic era of cycling, it continues to prove itself by consistently innovating in the ever-changing world that surrounds it. And you don't have to take our word for it — this year Campagnolo launched into the realm of 12-speed, and along with it, made some coveted updates to its EPS system, one of such improvements took place with the EPS V4 Power Unit. The new unit is even more narrow than before, boasting compatibility with virtually every seat post on the market, including compliant narrow seat posts, and aerodynamic shaped tubes, but it doesn't stop there, with added compatibility with seat tubes and down tubes, with the included adapter.
The new EPS V4 Power Unit still features the hardwired construction of V3, boasting total elemental protection to keep your drivetrain functioning come rain, shine, dust, and snow, but it does use a longer design than the 11-speed version. With this longer construction also comes increased battery life, packing in a 10% increase in its charge capacity, so times spent charging can be few and far between. The body of the V4 is formidable, but its real power house is its brain, which houses Campagnolo's DTI technology to drive accurate shifts during everything from high-alpine ascents to weekend hill sprints.
- The powerhouse built to run Campagnolo's 12-speed electronic drivetrain
- Slimmer updated design fits virtually any seat tube or seat post
- Included adapters allows for mounting in down tubes for tidy setup
- Fully sealed housing holds up to the elements for precise shifting
- Automatically detects system issues for quick resolution
- Illustrates Campy's latest advancements that propel it into road cycling future