When the temperatures are beyond bitter outside, and you're fighting with your inner demons for motivation to brave the cold, the 45NRTH Naughtvind Jacket is like an angel on your shoulder there to remind you to do what's right, layer up, and hop on your trusty steed and pedal through the base miles. The jacket is crafted to handle winter's worst, with Schoeller Softshell making up the body kicking gale force winds to the curb, and keeping your core insulated while you hammer through the elements. Schoeller combines weather protection with generous stretch to move with you while you ride, while breathable fibers wick away sweat, actively managing moisture so you don't get bogged down. Should the sun come out and grace you with its balmy glow, you'll be pleased to find that the jacket is equipped with underarm zips for boosting ventilation, and overlapping back vents that let you dump body heat on the climbs.
Since winter rides are often paired with low lighting, overcast days, and general bleakness, 45NRTH equips the Naughtvind with black reflective panels on the elbows and back of neck to boost your visibility under headlights, while still keeping aesthetics sharp if the sun is out. In front it features a full-length zipper with an offset collar designed to reduce irritation to your chin, and offer enough room to layer in a balaclava for extra warmth. Finally, the jacket is finished off with three deep back pockets to store cycling essentials, and one zippered pocket at the chest that allows for safe keeping while you ride, and easy access, should you be riding with a pack.
- A burly jacket built to blast through winter in total comfort
- Schoeller softshell fabric cuts through wind, rain, snow
- Fabric breathes and quickly wicks away perspiration to keep you warm
- Overlapping back ventilation allows you to drop heat on climbs
- Zippered underarm vents let the breeze in when you get toasty
- Black reflective panels illuminate under headlights for visibility
- Deep back pockets offer storage for all of your cycing essentials
- Stay covered in the drops thanks to extended hem in back