Vuka Bull Carbon Basebar
Zipp's Vuka Bull Carbon Basebar has an illustrious history, even at its relatively young age. Earning both a gold medal in time trials as well as a Kona victory, the bar has shown its versatility in two different races on two large stages. The good news is that it's available for the rest of us, too, whether we're self-sponsored amateurs or looking towards a spot in the peloton.
Zipp knows that building a TT cockpit starts with a base bar, and it engineered the Vuka Bull to offer an efficient platform with the vibration dampening effects and weight-saving advantages of carbon construction that it's known for. Zipp recently revisited the Vuka Bull design, making slight alterations to its airfoil shape while keeping it fully compliant with all UCI regulations.
In terms of shape, the Vuka Bull now features a slightly updated airfoil design, a concave nose, and forward-sweeping arms. An added 10mm of room for lateral adjustment in the wide clamp area allows for an array of extension positions and more freedom when making fit adjustments, ensuring you're able to find the most optimal fit for your riding style. The increased angle of the grips puts the wrists in a natural position for more stability during climbs and sprints, and at a claimed 200g, this basebar won't add excess weight to your ultralight tri or TT setup. The Vuka Bull basebar is compatible with Zipp's Vuka Alumina Clips and Vuka carbon or aluminum extensions.
- A carbon basebar with an illustrious history
- Zipp deploys technology for fine-tuning a TT cockpit
- Meticulous carbon layout damps vibrations and sheds weight
- Airfoil shape is slightly redesigned, and UCI compliant
- Concave nose, and forward-sweeping arms for comfort
- Extra 10mm of room for lateral adjustment with wide clamps
- Increased angle of grip keeps wrists in natural position