Speed in rain or shine.
While Zipp has long held a stellar reputation for churning out aerodynamic wheels, you may be less familiar with the fact that this company also makes tires. First introduced in 2007, Zipp's tires were originally laser focused on aerodynamics, which left a bit to be desired in the rolling resistance and handling categories. With the Tangente line, Zipp's focus has shifted to creating fast-rolling tires with supple grip to rail corners. The Tangente Speed R28 Clincher Tire boasts exceptional traction in both dry and wet conditions and a wide profile to roll smoothly over rough roads.
Billed as a race-ready tire for days when the road isn't pristine, the Speed R28 utilizes a plush 220 TPI nylon casing and a beefy 28mm width to soak up the bumps. The wider stance allows for lower tire pressure and an increased contact patch, which pairs with the lower rolling resistance of the high TPI casing for a better grip and an overall smoother ride than narrower tires. To cap things off, Zipp incorporates a tread pattern designed to shed water and maintain grip even in wet conditions.
- Zipps departure from aerodynamics offers you total supple grip
- Rolling resistance is reduced in the Tangente line for faster feel
- Plush 220 TPI nylon casing offers exceptional cornering grip
- Soak up bumps and road chatter with lofty 28mm width
- Wider tire allows for lower pressure and increased contact patch
- Tread pattern helps shed water and maintain grip in wet, slick conditions