The Zipp Tangente Course R28 Clincher Tire provides a balanced mix of race-ready rolling speed and grip with a more wallet-friendly price point than its top-end sibling the Tangente Speed R28. While it maintains a similar profile and all-weather tread pattern, the Course R28 features a 120 TPI casing compared to the Speed's 220 TPI casing. This cedes a tiny bit of suppleness, but the Course R28 still provides sure, durable grip in both wet and dry conditions while rolling fast over rough roads.
Billed as a race-worthy training tire for days when the road isn't pristine, the Course R28 utilizes its relatively high, 120 TPI nylon casing and a beefy 28mm width to soak up the bumps. The wider stance allows for lower tire pressure and an increased contact patch, which pairs with the fast rolling casing for confident grip in corners and an overall smoother ride than narrower tires. To cap things off, Zipp incorporates a tread pattern designed to shed water and maintain grip even in wet conditions.
- Race-worthy tires that won't make your bank account shudder
- All-weather tread pattern improves grip on variable surfaces
- Durability and grip are boosted thanks to 120 TPI casing
- 28mm width soaks up bumps and chatter in the road
- Lower tire pressures and increased contact patch boost confidence
- Tread pattern sheds water and keeps a tight hold even when wet