454 NSW Carbon Disc Brake Wheel
Zipp made splashes and left many competitors in the wake when leaping onto the scene with the 454 NSW wheelset, and now they’ve optimized the famed wheelset for tubeless tires for the demanding pod of modern riders. Well-known for modeling the undulating rim profile of the 454 NSW from the humpback whale’s pectoral fin, Zipp continues this biomimicry for the new tubeless capable generation. The Hyperfoil nodes measure 53mm at the shallowest and 58mm at the deepest point in the medium depth, aerodynamic wheelset, while HexFin ABLC dimples are strategically aligned on the sides. Zipp claims this design optimizes head-on aerodynamic efficiency as well as reduces the influence of side forces as you ride in crosswinds or swirling conditions. The fact that you can now complete the modern upgrades with center lock disc brakes and tubeless tires sets the 454 NSW apart from any other wheelset available.
Zipp uses its Cognition DB hubset in the 454 NSW for efficient rolling whether you are hard on the gas coming out of the apex or coasting downhill after a seven-hour blowout ride in the mountains. The design features the Axial Clutch technology to reduce mechanical drag on the system over conventional three-pawl setups. Center lock disc interfaces are used on front and rear wheels. Additionally, Zipp kindly includes the lockring to support convenient building.
The finish on the new 454 NSW stands out as a fresh statement for the modern peloton. UD fibers wrap make up the outer finish, and the logos are applied using ImPress technology for a smooth and long-lasting appearance of speed.
- Channeling natural evolution to create a competitive advantage
- Carbon fiber wheelset with undulating depths for aerodynamic performance
- Now tubelesss ready for optimized pairing with tubeless tires
- New Zipp graphics with ImPress, direct printing technology
- Low-drag Cognition DB hubs for fast rolling and momentum maintenance
- Center lock disc interface with lockring included
- Campagnolo driver body capable but sold separately