Why We Like The 353 NSW Carbon Disc Brake Wheel
The 353 NSW Carbon Disc Brake Wheel features all the modern benefits of advanced tubeless tech and disc-brake only layup. This speed-demon of a wheel uses Zipp’s sawtooth rim design for advanced aerodynamics and crosswind stability. With thru-axle and disc-only compatibility, these wheels are designed to hold up to modern standards. We’re looking forward to free watt savings on the 353’s, as the hookless rim profile gives tires a better aerodynamic shape.
The 353’s come in a 25mm internal width, but with hookless tech, we can comfortably run as narrow as a 28mm tire. Optimized for aerodynamics and rolling resistance, the wheels use Total Speed Efficiency. With TPE, Zipp has engineered these wheels to be the fastest rolling possible with as little rotational weight as allowed. We’re installing these on our race road bikes, but the fast-rolling hoops could fit in just as well on our triathlon bike. Weighing in at a svelte 1255g, with the Zipp 353’s there are no excuses for poor performance on race or training days.
- Race-ready tubeless specific wheels for speedy performance
- Zipp Carbon rims have undulating design for aerodynamics
- 45mm rim depth cuts through the wind without added weight
- Disc brake specific allows for optimal rim design
- 25mm inner diameter is built for 28-40mm tires
- Non-conforming wheels make for a striking appearance
- Engineered for 12mm thru-axles front and rear