303 NSW Carbon Wheel
In the Zipp NSW lineup, the 303 NSW Carbon Wheel is the second shallowest, compared to the 202. However, at 45mm in depth, the 303 stands as one of the most versatile wheel options for the modern rider and racer, albeit, one who favors rim-brakes over the industry’s push to disc. The 303 NSW yields you’ll an aerodynamic advantage compared to shallow, alpine-specific wheelsets, yet at a competitive 1501 grams for the wheelset, the 303 NSW feels quite light on the feet and is a solid choice for rides in the mountains. Zipp laces the 303 NSW to the Cognition hub for fast and reliable engagement when you get up on the pedals. Key to the hub’s design is the Axial Clutch, which Zipp claim reduces mechanical resistance to keep you rolling faster, whether coasting on a long descent or actively delivering watts on the front of a criterium. It’s a noticed effort by Zipp to complete the vision on speed throughout the entire wheel-system.
A primary feature to the 303 NSW is tubeless compatibility, showing Zipp’s commitment to modern advancements in rolling performance. The hooked rim works with traditional tubes; however, with tubeless tires, you can roll lower psi with greater confidence and improve the tire’s contact patch for massive cornering grip. Not to mention, you’ll likely have your rides stymied less frequently by puncture flats.
The finish on the 303 NSW stands out as a fresh statement in the peloton. UD fibers wrap make up the outer finish, and the logos are applied using ImPress technology for a smooth and long-lasting appearance of speed.
- Rim-brake specific, carbon wheelset for speed and versatility on any road
- Medium depth profile for quick accelerations, aerodynamics, and control
- Showstopper brake track provides enhanced modulation and short braking distances
- Cognition hub for reduced mechanical drag compared to standard hub designs
- Tubeless design for the modern racer and off-road confidence
- Dimpled design carries over from previous generations for smoother air flow
- Updated graphics using ImPress technology