Why We Like The Yeti SB160 Turq Mountain Bike Frame
Whether racing enduro or gravity riding, the SB160 Turq Mountain Bike Frame is one of our favorite frames to start a dream build with. Yeti's race-ready bike delivers 160mm of Switch Infinity travel to supply plenty of rear wheel traction as we navigate double-black rated descents and loose fire road climbs. Yeti recommends a 170mm travel fork which makes complete sense on this bike and brings the head tube angle to a stable 64 degrees. Yeti revamped their Switch Infinity linkage by strengthening the entire system for a more supportive feel, plus it's easier to maintain. The SB160 uses a Fox Factory Float X2 shock for its lightweight feel and seemingly endless range of adjustability, but the frame is coil compatible. This frame is designed around 29in wheels for their fast rolling speed and rollover capabilities that make awkward rock rolls easier.
Yeti's TURQ frame construction is their lightest carbon layup available, and it's tested to Yeti's downhill strength standards. The stock brake configuration is for a 200mm rear rotor, simplifying bike setup with stopping power as a priority. This frame uses SRAM's Universal Derailleur hanger, which makes finding replacement hangers much easier even while traveling. The seat tube angle sits at 77.5 degrees which is nice and steep for an efficient climbing position that comes in clutch for long days in the saddle. The SB160's bottom bracket is now threaded for longer maintenance intervals, and the downtube protector is revised to be even more protective.
- Long-travel 29er frame with enduro-ready capabilities
- 160mm of Switch Infinity travel is supple yet supportive
- Built for fast rolling 29in wheels to enhance rollover capabilities
- 64-degree head tube angle is slack for straight-lining stability
- SRAM UDH compatibility makes finding replacement hangers a breeze
- Threaded bottom bracket compatibility for longer maintenance intervals
- 12 x 148mm Boost rear hub spacing accommodates most modern wheels
- Stock rear brake rotor compatibility is 200mm
- Item #YTIR1HP